BACKGROUND: Women are far more sensitive to the rhythms & cycles of nature & Ayurveda is founded on the principle of keeping the body toned in time with nature & naturally women find Ayurveda very suitable. In Ayurveda uterine hypoplasia can be correlated with ShandhiYonivyapada. Present case revealed the use of SuvarnamaliniVasantaKalpa in the known case of uterine hypoplasia.
- Uterine hypoplasia is when a girl is born with a uterus that is abnormally small. The condition is sometimes referred to as a hypoplastic uterus.
- The average uterus is 3 inches (7.5 cm) long, 2 inches (5 cm) wide and 1 inch (2.5 cm) deep.
- A healthy uterus is pear-shaped, hollow and lined with thick muscular walls. There are two fallopian tubes which are each connected to an ovary filled with eggs entering the uterus on either side at the top.
- The process of development of the female reproductive system begins in the embryo with the primordial Mullerian ducts. These are paired ducts which differentiate to form the fallopian tubes, uterus and vagina in the female child. A very rare condition affecting one woman in many thousands, called uterine agenesis, is a Mullerian duct anomaly. Uterine agenesis results in a very small uterus or none at all.
- In Ayurveda uterine hypoplasia can be correlated with ShandhiYonivyapada.
It is mentioned in Charaka Samhita that Because of genetic defect, the Vata in the foetus destroys its developing reproductive organs in the womb of the mother. In later stage of her life, the woman develops aversion for men (sexual intercourse), and her breasts do not grow. The woman having this ailment is called Shandhi, and is incurable.
- A female patient aged 14 years was examined on September 2014.
Loss of puberty
Heaviness in abdomen
USG – Abdomen & Pelvis
- Findings : uterus was 3.34 x 1.1 x 1.9 cm both ovaries were also small Rt. ovary 1.97 x 1.46 x 2.06 cm and volume is 3.1cc Lt. ovary 1.38 x 1.2 x 1.5 cm and volume is 1.32cc . USG of abdomen and pelvis reveals HYPOPLASTOC UTERUS AND OVARIES.
- Suvarnamalini Vasant was administered with the anupanaof Ashwagandhaghrita (5gms) at rasayana kala with the dose of 125 mg. for seven months.
|1st followup after one month||No any significant changes|
|2nd followup after 3 months||1.There was no heaviness in abdomen.
2. Puberty signs appears.
|3rd followup at seventh month||Menstrual cycle was started, the USG report shows uterus size with in normal limits(5.4 x 2.16 x 2.8)|
It is mentioned in Charaka Samhita that Because of genetic defect, the Vata in the foetus destroys its developing reproductive organs in the womb of the mother and ShandhiYonivyapada takes place.
Suvarnamalinivasanta can be used in all types of diseases. It is an unique combination of Sheeta and UshnaDravya. They help to improve Agnivyapara at various levels hence cellular rejuvenation takes place so acts as Rasayana and immune booster. That’s why it is rightly said that “SarvarogeVasanta”.
Following are the contents & their properties of Suvarnamalinivasant:
|Suvarnabhasma||Rasayana, Balya, Ojavardhak, Kantivardhak, Vishanashaka|
|Mouktikbhasma||Sheet, Rakt-Pitta Prasadaka, Ojovardhaka|
|ShudhaHingul||Rasayana, Balya, Yogavahi, Krumihara|
|ShudhaMaricha||Katu, Ushna, Deepak, Pachak, Strotoshodhaka|
|ShodhitKharpar||Katu, Tikta Rasa, Deepak, Rasashodhak, Balya|
|Navaneeta||Snigdha, Madhur, Sheet, Vrushya, Balya, Varnaprasadaka|
|NimbuSwaras||Amla, Deepak, Pachak, Anulomak|
Due to presence of SuvarnamaoutikadiVishaghnaDravya, Ojovrudhi takes place.
The combination of Suvarna, Rasaka, Hingula improves anatomical and physiological disturbance.
Kharpara+Maricha+Navaneet+Nimbu combination improves Dhatwagni and make SuvarnamaoutikadiGhatak to Strengthen cellular rejuvenations.
AshwagandhaGhrita is a tonic, aphrodisiac and nervine. It is useful in improving fertility. It helps to improve overall health and is useful in increasing weight in underweight children. It is Rasayana which helps to prevent aging and gives longevity.
These all properties ofsuvarnamalinivasanta and Ashwagandhaghrita plays an important role to cure the uterine hypoplasia.
We can conclude that Suvarnamalinivasanta can be useto treat the uterine hypoplasia (Shandhi Yoni Vyapada).